Introducing The UrbanGeekz Members
“The events in recent months have unmasked longstanding racial, health, and income disparities. For many access to the innovation economy is quite simply a path to a better life. We have seen an increasing demand for our content so we are more focused than ever on our mission. We will continue to strive to make tech more accessible while highlighting STEM, business, and entrepreneurship as viable paths for women and underestimated minorities. Your contribution facilitates more extensive reporting and allows us to deliver premium content that is freely accessible. Every contribution is valuable for us as we continue doing the work that we do.”
We are excited to introduce a new initiative to boost our storytelling, ‘The UrbanGeekz Members’ allows users to support our work and play a key role in directing our coverage. Significantly, it will help us to continue delivering quality journalism that’s free for everyone and not behind a paywall. Read more about the benefits of joining here. If you’d like to support our mission, please click below to make a contribution of your choice.
Why we are doing this:
- There has been an uptick in demand for our content
- We want our journalism to be open to all, not behind a paywall
- We want to diversify our revenue stream to amplify our storytelling
- UrbanGeekz is a self-funded news organization but we’d love to cover more topics
- Our readers’ voices matter to us and we want to hear from you
All members will receive:
- Opportunities to tell us areas you’d like us to cover
- Insider emails from the UrbanGeekz team
- Members unlock curated deals, freebies, and negotiated discounts on a host of business products and services.
- The chance to receive UrbanGeekz exclusive swag
- Companies & small businesses will receive placement on the site, social media, and newsletter.
- Have you heard of This? We’re throwing in these exclusive phone cases (retail price $44.99 + free shipping) for the first 25 founding members.
SIGN UP BELOW TO START SUPPORTING URBANGEEKZ WITH AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
- $100 – Individuals
Need to chat about membership? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*We will be donating a percentage of our revenue to bootcamp scholarships or a coding school that serves women and/or underserved minorities.
About & Team
UrbanGeekz is a groundbreaking video-centric African American, Latinx, and multicultural digital news platform focused on technology, business, science, and startups. The first-of-its-kind online publication also provides authoritative lifestyle and entertainment content.
Founded in 2015, UrbanGeekz is a popular multimedia brand with a loyal following of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, United States, UrbanGeekz is well placed to cover the city’s thriving tech ecosystem. Its team of dedicated reporters, freelancers, and experts also report on stories and events across the U.S. and international markets, concentrating on leading tech hubs.
We also produce Geekz Watch UrbanGeekz’s video summary of tech news. The show is a fast-paced rundown of popular stories focused on technology and business from a diverse global perspective.
Our signature events bring out hundreds of attendees to connect, learn, recruit, and do business with a broad cross-section of the tech and startup ecosystem. Our subscription newsletter also publishes the very best in business and innovation from a diverse and multicultural perspective.
UrbanGeekz has had tremendous success. Ranker has listed the site as one of the top 20 Best Tech Blogs online. This definitive list is based on traffic as well as influence. TechCrunch comes in at No.1 on this list, followed by Wired and The Verge.
PR Newswire has also recognized UrbanGeekz as one of the top 10 African-American news sites. “These are websites that produce out-of-this-world coverage in a crowded arena,” writes PR Newswire.
UrbanGeekz was launched by winning BBC-trained journalist turned entrepreneur Kunbi Tinuoye.