It does not matter whether you are an established company or a start-up, a carefully-planned digital campaign is critical to the success of your business. One thing that you need to focus on if you are to succeed is driving website traffic. If no one views your website, how do you expect to make a big impact online? With that in mind, read on to discover some top tips for boosting your business’ website traffic.
- Optimize your website for SEO – There is only one place to begin, and this is with getting to grips with search engine optimization. If you do not have an SEO plan in place, you will never get the level of traffic you aim to. Completing an SEO audit will help you to determine areas of your website that need to be fixed. It is also worth noting that the SEO landscape is changing all of the time, as search engines make changes to their algorithms, so it is important to stay in the loop and make the necessary improvements all of the time.
- Utilize video on your website – Video marketing has taken off over the past year or so. As an increasing number of people seek multimedia experiences on the Internet, video is appearing higher on search engine result pages. By adding videos to your website, such as demos or introductory videos, you can boost your ranking. Not only this, but you can add videos to YouTube and other external platforms to improve exposure even further.
- Read reviews – You are never going to be able to move forward and improve your website if you aren’t aware of how it is performing at present. This is why it is wise to read user reviews to see how people have found your website. You may come across a consistent problem or bugbear that users are not happy with. By fixing this, you can improve traffic and reduce your bounce rate.
- Make sure your website is optimized for mobile use – All business websites need to be responsive in the current day and age. More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to access the Internet. The last thing you want to do is alienate this audience. Make sure your website is easy to view on smaller devices and ensure that your mobile SEO strategy is tweaked accordingly. There are different rules and techniques for desktop and mobile SEO, so you’ll need to address this when optimizing your website.
- Liaise with key online influencers – Take the time to look online for key bloggers and influencers in your industry. Get in touch with them to forge relationships that are beneficial for the both of you. You can produce interesting, original and engaging articles that can be posted on their site, with a link back to your website. This is a great way to boost your search engine ranking while also establishing yourself as a major player in the industry.
- Identify keywords – If you do not identify keywords, you will always be languishing on page three or four of the search engine result pages. Rich keywords and strategic descriptions are essential to ensure that your business pops up when users type in relevant queries in Google, Yahoo, and other major search engines. It is important to not only understand the keywords that are relevant to your business but the competition for these keywords too. Localizing your SEO campaign is well worth considering if you cannot compete with the major national players in your sector.
- Use social media effectively – Social media is vital for businesses today. You can drive users to your website via the likes of Facebook and Twitter, but you need to use these platforms effectively. Endless streams of promotional content simply won’t cut it. If anything, you are likely to annoy your followers. Instead, you need to provide useful industry information and interact with your customers, answering their queries and engaging in general chat. This builds loyal relationships, which will encourage people to visit your website time and time again.
As you can see, there are many different ways you can boost your online presence and drive more traffic to your website. Try several of the tips mentioned above, and you are bound to notice a difference. While your search engine ranking won’t dramatically improve overnight, you will definitely start to climb the results and establish yourself as a trusted business in your sector. But remember, you need to keep working at this. If you let your standards slide, you will start slipping down the result pages again, which is the last thing any business wants.
Follow Kunbi Tinuoye on Twitter@Kunbiti